DEADLINES & SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINES & SUBMISSIONS
Features (Film | Screenplay)
Shorts (Film | Screenplay)
|$50 | $45||$37 | $37|
|$57 | $55||$42 | $42|
|$67 | $60||$52 | $52|
SCREENING and ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
We accept Film Submissions through Film Freeway ONLY
The NYCHFF is an international film festival and accepts films and screenplays from around the globe.
We accept all Horror Genre: Comedy, Animation, Sci-fi and straight out GORE!
- Submissions postmarked later than final deadline will be automatically submitted to the following year. Before submitting, we encourage filmmakers to research any and all film festivals they intend on submitting to. Film festival fees add up, so please do your homework before submitting to any event! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us. Lastly, we wish all you filmmakers and writers good luck!
- All entries selected into the NYC Horror Film Festival grant us the right to use any footage from the previous screener and all submitted publicity photos as well as any other materials sent to us pertaining to this entry for NYCHFF promotional purposes without limitations.
- The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless The New York City Horror Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
In fairness to all filmmakers, we do not grant waivers.
Film Competition GUIDELINES
All features must be minimum of 60 minutes. Shorts under 20 minutes.
1. Film cannot have played VOD or been released on disc or other formats before our festival dates.
2. Premiere status will be one of the factors considered when determining a films inclusion in the NYC Horror Film Festival. At the very least, we require a New York Premiere.
3. Filmmakers must deliver final format for festival screenings by deadline (TBA). No exceptions!
4. All DCPs must be picked up after the screening and signed for by the filmmaker. If you attend the festival and do not pick up your DCP, you will be responsible for shipping.
5. You may submit multiple entries but each must be accompanied by its own submission form and entry fee.
6. Screening requirements for films selected for exhibition are DCP, back up Blu-ray, short synopsis of film. Trailers and posters (if available).
7. If your film is selected, you will be notified via email by early October. Please check your contact information.
8. Films must be submitted via Vimeo Link and must be subtitled in English if in any other language.
9. Entry fees are non refundable and must be in U.S. dollars. If eligibility requirements are not met, we reserve the right to disqualify your submission.
10. Feature film or shorts must not have had any commercial, theatrical, TV, internet or festival screenings in the metro area within 6 months of the NYCHFF, it will be deemed ineligible. Your submissions must not have had any commercial, theatrical, television or internet play in the United States.
11. Films that are rough cuts, please explain what will change.
12. Please let us know of any email, or link change.
13. If we cannot contact you nor receive any word from you within 5 days, we have the right to withdraw your film from the festival.
14. If your film is being shown virtually a separate set of instructions on how to upload your film securely, will be directly sent to you. You must upload the film within the required timeframe.
SCREENPLAY COMPETITION RULES
Please note that this is for Un-produced Screenplay Submissions Only. If you have submitted a produced feature film or short into this year’s event, it is automatically considered for a Best Screenplay award in the festival.
Un-produced status will be one of the factors considered when determining a screenplay’s inclusion in the New York City Horror Film Festival…world, U.S., East Coast.
Please use our Script Submissions Page on FilmFreeway to submit your materials.
Length: Feature screenplays (85-120 pgs.) / Short screenplays (1-30 pgs.)