SCREENING and ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
We accept Film Submissions through Film Freeway or snail mail only via the following address :
The NYCHFF is an international film festival and accepts films and screenplays from around the globe.
Submissions postmarked later than Aug 1st will be automatically submitted to the following year. Before submitting, we encourage filmmakers to research any and all film festivals they intend on submitting to. Film festival fees add up, so please do your homework before submitting to any event! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us. Lastly, we wish all you filmmakers and writers good luck!
*The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless The New York City Horror Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
In fairness to all filmmakers, we do not grant waivers.
Film Competition Rules
All features must be minimum of 75 minutes. Shorts under 30 minutes
1. Premiere status will be one of the factors considered when determining a film’s inclusion in the New York City Horror Film Festival. At the very least, we require a New York Premiere. But it would be even more advantageous to us and you if screening at NYCHFF is either a World, U.S. , North American or East Coast Premiere. Film cannot have played VOD or been released on disc or other formats before our festival dates.
2. Filmmakers must deliver final format for festival screenings by October 12th. No exceptions!
3. All DCPs must be picked up after the screening and signed for by the filmmaker. If you attend the festival and do not pick up your DCP, you will be responsible for shipping.
4. You may submit multiple entries but each must be accompanied by its own submission form and entry fee.
5. Screening requirements for films selected for exhibition are DCP, back up Bluray, short synopsis of film. Trailers and posters (if available).
6. If your film is selected, you will be notified via email by early October. Please check your contact information.
7. Films must be submitted via Vimeo Link and must be subtitled in English if in any other language.
8. Entry fees are non refundable and must be in U.S. dollars.If eligibility requirements are not met, we reserve the right to disqualify any submission.
9. Films that have had public or festival screenings in the NYC metropolitan area are ineligible..this includes theatrical commercial, TV.or internet play.
SCREENPLAY COMPETITION RULES
This year, the NYCHFF is launching a Screenplay Competition for budding horror storytellers. Please note that this is for Un-produced Screenplay Submissions Only. If you have submitted a produced feature film or short into this year’s event, it is automatically considered for a Best Screenplay award in the festival.
1. Un-produced status will be one of the factors considered when determining a screenplay’s inclusion in the New York City Horror Film Festival…world, U.S., East Coast.
2. Feature film or shorts screenplays must not have had any commercial, theatrical, TV, internet or festival screenings on the east coast within 6 months of the NYCHFF. Screenplays must not have had any commercial, theatrical, television or internet play in the United States.
Please use our Script Submissions Page on FilmFreeway to submit your materials.
Length: Feature screenplays (85-120 pgs.) / Short screenplays (1-30 pgs.)
DEADLINES & SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINES - FILMS & SCREENPLAYS
EARLY – FEBRUARY 15, 2017
REGULAR – MAY 15, 2017
FINAL – AUGUST 1, 2017
FEES - FEATURES
FEES - SHORTS